Finest Local produce from Selected Local Farms
We are proud of our local suppliers, with whose commitment we have been able to ensure consistently high standards of quality and value. Many have traded with us for many years - a tradition we aim to maintain. All the meats you buy from us is professionally prepared by our team of experienced butchers, who take great pride in their work.
Simon & Janey Cotton. Great moor Court, Much Marcle.
- Simon started his herd off in 1988/89, after leaving agriculture college
- Breeds are Pure Hereford and Hereford Cross
- Simon prides himself on making sure his animals live 'The Good Life' as he calls it, which shows in their quality when eaten.
- The beef also has exceptional quality, due to the careful husbandry, breeding and predominantly grass fed ration.
- Simons farm is just 5 miles form our shop, and with his dad, accompanies his cattle to the Abbatoir when ever they go.
Lewis Family Pork
- Third generation family pig farmer in Herefordshire.
- Red Tractor pigs born and reared in Herefordshire.
- 100% pure bred Landrace Pigs
- Terminal Sire of 80% Large White.
- Remaining 20% is a multi – breed mix to promote lean meat and growth rate.
- Sows are housed on a high welfare straw yard system.
- The most up to date genetics are used to produce a lean well conformed carcase.
- A specialist pig vet / consultant is used to monitor the health of the pigs.
- Any carcase weight is available.
Click here to learn a little more about Gritts Farm and the Lewis family farming values
Risbury Court Estate for Lamb & Beef
- Hereford Beef & Risbury Court Lamb Tastes like it used to. Hereford cattle at Risbury Court were mentioned in the 1882 edition of the Hereford Herd Book.
- The farm is set in the beautiful North Herefordshire countryside between Leominster & Hereford
- Risbury Court is farmed by Rob and Diane Thomas and their son Richard – Fourth and Fifth generation farmers.
- The livestock are reared on their native Herefordshire Pasture and all animals are fed on a grass based diet
- A traditional farm with Hereford Cattle and Suffolk and Texel X sheep
Click here to learn a little more about Rob & Diane's farming at Risbury Court Estate.
- The farm is a family business, originally started by Rodney Mee 45 years ago in 1971. Still run by Rodney but as a partnership now with his two sons: Nigel & Stuart.
- Springfield is located between Leominster & Bromyard, 25 miles from Ledbury. The Chickens are hatched at Hills farm Devon and delivered a day old direct to Springfield farm.
- They breed free range Hubbard Chickens all year round and at Christmas, do a selection of White and Bronze Turkeys.
Click here to learn a little bit more about Springfield farm
- Taking advantage of the beautiful Herefordshire countryside. This is where our Partridge, Pheasant & Fallow Deer live.
Click here to learn a little more about Perrystone Estate.
Psycho Juice 'Ghost Pepper' Sauce
Click Here to go straight to 'The Hot Sauce Emporium'
Used as the defining ingredient in our L. S. D. Sausage, Chili Burgers and Chili Bacon. This ingredient and the products we make from it is not for the fainthearted. The sauce contains a whopping 70% Ghost Chilli pepper it's, full-bodied, full-flavoured and packing explosive natural heat without the addition of extract, click here.