Finest Local produce from Selected Local Farms
We are proud of our local suppliers, with whose commitment we have been able to ensure consistently high standards of quality and value. Many have traded with us for many years - a tradition we aim to maintain. All the meats you buy from us is professionally prepared by our team of experienced butchers, who take great pride in their work.
Risbury Court Estate for Lamb & Beef
The Thomas family have been farming at Risbury Court since 1985, when Robert and Diane took over the farm from Diane’s father, Albert Bemand
Risbury Court is a traditional Herefordshire mixed farm with cider fruit, Pedigree Hereford cattle and outdoor lambing Romney ewes, plus a small acreage of cereals, used to supplement the silage which we feed to our cattle in winter. Until around 2007, we also continued to grow the hops which had been at Risbury Court for over 100 years, but decided eventually to concentrate on our extensively raised cattle and sheep.
In 2001, following four years at Harper Adams and a year spent travelling the world, son Richard returned to the farm to join his parents and Diane took a back seat. These days Richard takes care of the sheep, cider fruit and environmental management of the farm’s hedges and woodlands, while Rob looks after his beloved Herefords, producing pedigree breeding heifers and bulls as well as a regular supply of purebred Hereford beef.
The farm is fortunate to have on it a well preserved iron age hill fort, which has a beautiful old cider orchard in the centre. It provides sheltered grazing for ewes and lambs in spring and, later, for the Herefords. We believe that the various plants available here and on our other old pastures provide a healthy diet for our animals, as well as being home to many insects, birds and wild animals and it is Richard’s passion to protect and enhance these natural features of the farm for future generations of our family.
We are lucky to have all our family living close by on the farm and Richard is the fifth member of our family to live and farm here. With his wife Jemma and their little boy Osian – already fascinated by the farm at 17 months old – we hope to continue farming at Risbury Court in the same traditional way for many more years to come. 25th May 2020
- Hereford Beef & Risbury Court Lamb Tastes like it used to. Hereford cattle at Risbury Court were mentioned in the 1882 edition of the Hereford Herd Book.
- The farm is set in the beautiful North Herefordshire countryside between Leominster & Hereford
- Risbury Court is farmed by Rob and Diane Thomas and their son Richard – Fourth and Fifth generation farmers.
- The livestock are reared on their native Herefordshire Pasture and all animals are fed on a grass based diet
- A traditional farm with Hereford Cattle and Suffolk and Texel X sheep
Click here to learn a little more about Rob & Diane's farming at Risbury Court Estate.
Simon & Janey Cotton. Great moor Court, Much Marcle.
- Simon started his herd off in 1988/89, after leaving agriculture college
- Breeds are Pure Hereford and Hereford Cross
- Simon prides himself on making sure his animals live 'The Good Life' as he calls it, which shows in their quality when eaten.
- The beef also has exceptional quality, due to the careful husbandry, breeding and predominantly grass fed ration.
- Simons farm is just 5 miles form our shop, and with his dad, accompanies his cattle to the Abbatoir when ever they go.
Lewis Family Pork
- Third generation family pig farmer in Herefordshire.
- Red Tractor pigs born and reared in Herefordshire.
- 100% pure bred Landrace Pigs
- Terminal Sire of 80% Large White.
- Remaining 20% is a multi – breed mix to promote lean meat and growth rate.
- Sows are housed on a high welfare straw yard system.
- The most up to date genetics are used to produce a lean well conformed carcase.
- A specialist pig vet / consultant is used to monitor the health of the pigs.
- Any carcase weight is available.
Click here to learn a little more about Gritts Farm and the Lewis family farming values
- The farm is a family business, originally started by Rodney Mee 45 years ago in 1971. Still run by Rodney but as a partnership now with his two sons: Nigel & Stuart.
- Springfield is located between Leominster & Bromyard, 25 miles from Ledbury. The Chickens are hatched at Hills farm Devon and delivered a day old direct to Springfield farm.
- They breed free range Hubbard Chickens all year round and at Christmas, do a selection of White and Bronze Turkeys.
Click here to learn a little bit more about Springfield farm
The choicest game:
- All our game comes wild, from the beautiful Herefordshire and Gloucestershire countryside. This is where our Partridge, Pheasant, Muntjac, Fallow,Roe Deer and Wild Boar live.
Click here to learn a little more about Perrystone Estate.
Psycho Juice 'Ghost Pepper' Sauce
Click Here to go straight to 'The Hot Sauce Emporium'
Used as the defining ingredient in our L. S. D. Sausage, Chili Burgers and Chili Bacon. This ingredient and the products we make from it is not for the fainthearted. The sauce contains a whopping 70% Ghost Chilli pepper it's, full-bodied, full-flavoured and packing explosive natural heat without the addition of extract, click here.