These times refer to a steak that is approximately 2.5cm or 1" thick.
Thicker steaks may require a longer cooking time and vice versa for thinner steaks.
The times given here are a guide only and trial and error really prevails.
Blue 1-2 minutes per side - rest for 4 minutes - Rare: 2-3 minutes per side - rest for 5 minutes
Medium rare: 3-4 minutes per side - rest for 5 minutes - Medium: 4 minutes per side - rest for 5 minutes
- Have us cut you your choice of Steak approx 1 inch thick.
- Add a little oil to the steak and season with a little black pepper and salt. Leave to stand for a minute or two. heat up the pan hot, but not smoking.
- Add the steak to the pan
- Leave for 3 minutes. ‘Do not touch’.
- Slice some red onion, and add it around the out skirts of the pan.
- Turn the Steak over, reduce to medium heat & leave for a further 3 minutes
- Take off the heat, place the steak on a plate and leave to stand for a further 4 Minutes.
- Serve and enjoy